Skin Pen Microneedling
SkinPen by Crown Aesthetics is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device on the market and is clinically proven to improve the appearance of acne scars.
How does SkinPen Microneedling work?
SkinPen Microneedling creates thousands of microchannels that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. This rejuvenates your skin from the inside out. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.1
Will SkinPen Microneedling work for me?
Unlike most alternatives, SkinPen has been clinically shown to be effective for women and men with skin ranging from skin-types light to dark. Likewise, SkinPen’s mechanical process is less abrasive than laser and harsh peels. In addition, when you properly space treatments that are overseen by a physician, the procedures can be administered year-round. What Microneedling Can Treat:
- Acne & Acne Scars
- Fine Lines & Moderate wrinkles
- Skin Laxity
- Pore Size
- Texture, Tone, Color
- Stretch Marks
- Traumatic Scars
- Surgical Scars
- Photo Aging & Sun Damage
- Hyperpigmentation & Hypopigmentation
- Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Hair Loss
What Can SkinPen Microneedling and PRP Treatment Do For You?
Whether you have these treatments independently or you combine them into one treatment, there are many skin concerns that can be corrected with Skin Pen Microneedling and PRP treatments.
Microneedling treatments penetrate the top layers of the skin to break down damaged tissues, stimulate natural healing, increase collagen production, all of which work to restore skin texture and appearance. Because the micro-channels opened up by microneedling will last for about 20 hours, your skin will benefit from the rich healing properties in PRP to elevate the natural regeneration of your skin.
How Do These Combined Treatments Work?
When you combine these treatments, you can expect your appointment to take about 30 to 45 minutes to complete. The first step of your treatment will be to take your blood to create the blood plasma. Your skin will be cleansed and a topical numbing cream will be applied to ensure your comfort. Then, one of our specialists will use the SkinPen device on your targeted treatment areas. After the Microneedling is complete, your plasma will be applied to your skin to help induce faster natural restoration.
What Are the Benefits of This Treatment?
There are many benefits to these treatments, particularly when they are combined in one session. For example, these treatments can correct a wide range of skin concerns, both for those who have age-related concerns and for younger individuals who have concerns about skin tone and texture, such as scarring. Other benefits include:
What Is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
Your blood is made up of four main components: red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and plasma. Platelet Rich Plasma is a platelet concentrated component from your own blood that contains nutrient rich cells and protein growth factors.
PRP stands for “platelet-rich plasma”, which is the clear fluid in your blood that contains the most potent natural healing properties in the body. When the plasma is applied to the skin surface, the skin will improve in tone and texture. PRP facials are typically 30-minute treatments that can be administered independently or with other treatments, such as microneedling.
How Does PRP Treatment Work?
PRP treatments work by using your body’s own blood plasma to restore the appearance of the skin. Your plasma will be obtained by performing a simple blood draw, usually an amount similar to what you would give to run ordinary labs. Your blood will be placed into a centrifuge and spun rapidly to separate the red blood cells from the clear or pinkish-plasma in your blood. Then the plasma will be applied to your skin for several minutes to heal and restore the skin surface.
Is Platelet-Rich Plasma Safe?
Platelet Rich Plasma is safe because it comes from your own blood, therefore there is minimal risk for allergic or immune reaction. Platelet Rich Plasma preparation must be conducted by a trained medical professional. Consult your physician for more information.
How Is Platelet-Rich Plasma Prepared?
Platelet Rich Plasma is produced when a small amount of blood is drawn and placed into a sterile, disposable container and then, spun to separate the platelets from your blood sample, resulting in a platelet-rich plasma.
SkinPen Microneedling Benefits
- Little Downtime: It is a perfect treatment for patients with a busy schedule.
- Natural Recovery: SkinPen’s mechanical process is versatile and usable year-round.
- Safe for all Skin Types: Clinically proven effective on all skin types, Fitzpatrick 1 – 6.
- Safe and Sound: The First FDA-cleared microneedling device on the market
- Comfortable: A light numbing cream may be used to minimize discomfort
- Dramatically increases the effectiveness and penetration of active ingredients in topical preparation
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Sterile medical grade needles are hypoallergenic
- Cost effective compared to other resurfacing procedures
- Can be performed on all skin types
- It can be used on all areas of the body, scalp, face, and even fragile skin around eyes, hands and neck
Why Choose SkinPen Precision?
- Minimally invasive with little downtime
- Results are natural and improve with time
- Safe for all skin tones and types
- First FDA-cleared microneedling device for aesthetic use
- 90% of patients would recommend SkinPen Precision